DƯƠNG VĂN CA CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN THỦY SẢN BIM

DƯƠNG VĂN CA CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN THỦY SẢN BIM KHU NUÔI THỦY SẢN CN ĐỒNG HÒA XÃ PHÚ MỸ HUYỆN KIÊN LƯƠNG TỈNH KIÊN GIANG

Mẫu

Thông tin cá nhân

Họ và tên

Họ: Tên:

Giới tính

Nam Nữ
Note that only one option can be chosen.
Tôi có một chiếc xe đạp: Tôi có một chiếc Ô tô: Tôi có một chiếc Máy bay: Tôi có một chiếc Xích lô:
Tên thường dùng:

This example cannot be edited because our editor uses a textarea for input, and your browser does not allow a textarea inside a textarea.

This form sends an e-mail to ca43nt1@gmail.com.

Name: Mail: Comment:

Chủ Nhật, 31 tháng 5, 2009

Bài 6: WHAT CAN YOU DO?

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Match the sentences with the pictures
a
A Can you speak Japanese?
B No, I can't.
b
I can't hear you. The line's bad.
c
A Can you use a word processor?
B Yes, I can.
d
I can't spell your name.
e
Cats can see in the dark.
f
She can type fifty words a minute.

a I can type, but I can't spell.
b He can sing and he can dance.
c A Can you cook?
B Yes, I can.
d They can ski, but they can't swim.
e We can read and we can write.
f A Can she drive?
B No, she can't.
Sarah
Well, there are a lot of things I can't do! I can't draw and I can't drive a car, but I want to have lessons. I can... I can type and I can use a word processor, because I have one at work and I use it all the time. What about sports? Mm. Well, I certainly can't ski, but I'm quite good at tennis, yes, I can play tennis. Well, I usually win when I play with my friends. And I can swim, of course. And I can cook. I think I'm a very good, well, no, just good... a good cook! Now, then ... languages. I can speak French and German, I don't know any Italian at all, and I know about five words in Spanish — adios, mañana, paella — no, I can't speak Spanish! And I can't play any musical instruments, not the piano, the guitar, or anything.

A What day was it yesterday?
B It was Thursday.
A Where were you yesterday?
B I was at school.
A Were you at home yesterday?
B Yes, I was.
A The restaurant was cheap. But the food wasn't very good.
B Could you play the piano when you were six?
A No, I couldn't.

Sue Were you at Eve's party last Saturday?
Bill Yes, I was.
Sue Was it good?
Bill Well, it was OK.
Sue Were there many people?
Bill Yes, there were.
Sue Was Tom there?
Bill No, he wasn't. And where were you?
Sue Oh... I couldn't go because I was at Adam's party! It was brilliant!

At the airport
This is flight information for today, 24 June. British Airways flight BA 516 to Geneva at gate 14, last call. Flight BA 516 to Geneva, last call, gate 14. Scandinavian Airlines flight SK 832 to Frankfurt at gate 7, last call. Flight SK 832 to Franfurt, last call, gate 7. Air France flight AF 472 to Amsterdam is delayed thirty minutes. Flight AF 472 to Amsterdam, delayed thirty minutes. Lufthansa flight LH 309 to Miami, now boarding at gate 32. Flight LH 309 to Miami now boarding at gate 32. Virgin flight VS 876 to New York, now boarding at gate 20. Flight VS 876, now boarding at gate 20. Passengers are reminded to keep their luggage with them at all times. Thank you.

A Ah!... BA 476 to Madrid. That's our flight.
B Was it gate 4 or 14?
A I couldn't hear. I think it was 4.
B Ssssh! There it is again. It is gate 4.
A OK. Come on!

A Can I see your passport, please?
B Yes, of course. Here you are.
A Thank you very much. That's fine.

A Can I have your ticket, please?
B Yes, of course. Here you are.
A Do you have just one suitcase?
B Yes. This bag is hand luggage.
A That's fine. Smoking or non-smoking?
B Non-smoking, please. Oh... and can I have a seat next to the window?
A Yes, that's OK. Here's your boarding pass. Have a nice flight!

A Can I have your tray please, madam?
B Yes. Here you are.
A Thank you. And can you fasten your seat belt? We land in ten minutes.
B Yes, of course.

A Excuse me. I think that's my suitcase.
B I'm sorry. My suitcase is red, too.
A Is this yours?
B Yes, it is. Thank you very much.

A Hello. Are you Marie-Thérèse Scherer from Switzerland?
B Yes, I am. Are you Mr and Mrs Barnes?
A Yes, we are. Welcome to England, Marie-Thérèse. Was your flight good?
B Yes, it was, but I don't like flying.
C Never mind. You're here safely now. Come on, the car's outside.

a Was it Gate 4 or 14?
b Can I see your passport, please?
c Smoking or non-smoking?
d Can I have your tray please, madam?
e Excuse me. I think that's my suitcase.
f Welcome to England! Was your flight good?
Grammar
Grammar
can/can’t
Can v¿ can’t cÍ cÓng dÂng trong tÞt cÀ c¾c ngéi. Khéng cÍ do hay does.
Can ½õôc theo sau bòi mît ½îng t÷ nguyãn thæ (khéng cÍ to)
Lõu û nhÞn cÝu.

could/couldn’t
Could l¿ qu¾ khö cÔa can. Could v¿ couldn’t cÍ cÓng dÂng trong tÞt cÀ c¾c ngéi.
Could ½õôc theo sau bòi mît ½îng t÷ nguyãn thæ (khéng cÍ to)

was/were
Lõu û c¾ch ph¾t Ým cÔa was v¿ were
It was Monday yesterday. /w{z/
We were at school. /wÄ:/
Trong cÝu trÀ lñi ngØn, ph¾t Ým kh¾c
Yes, it was. was = /w{z/
Yes, we were. were = /wÄ:/

was born
Where was she born?
I was born in Manchester in 1970.
Khéng nÍi I am born...

Prepositions
They were in England in 1980.
I was at a party.
We land in ten minutes.
He studies from 8.15 to 4.00.

Reading
Pre-reading task
What do teenagers like doing in your country?
Think of three things and tell the others in the class.

Reading

TWO TEENAGE GENIUSES
Ivan Mirsky is thirteen and he is the number 13 chess player in the world.
He was born in Russia but now lives in America with his father, Vadim. They live in a one-room flat in Brooklyn. Ivan doesn’t go to school and his father doesn’t have a job. They practise chess problems all day, every day, morning, afternoon, and evening.
Ivan was different from a very young age: he could ride a bike when he was eighteen months old and read before he was two. He could play cards at three and the piano at four. When he was twelve, he was the under-20 chess champion of Russia.
His father can’t speak English and can’t play chess, either! Ivan translates for him. Vadim says, ’I know that I can’t play chess, but I can still help Ivan. He and I don’t have any friends-we don’t want any friends. Other teenagers are boring! We don’t like playing sports or watching TV. We live for chess!’
Jaya Rajah is fourteen, but he doesn’t go to school. He studies medicine at New York University in a class of twenty-year-olds. Jaya was born in Madras in India but now lives in a house in New York with his mother, father, and brother. They can all speak English fluently. His father is a doctor.
Jaya was different from a very young age. He could count before he could say ‘Mummy’ or ‘Daddy’. He could answer questions on calculus when he was five and do algebra when he was eight. Now he studies from 8.15 to 4.00 every day at the university. Then he studies at home with his father from 6.30 to 10.00 every evening. Jaya doesn’t have any friends. He never goes out in the evenings, but he sometimes watches TV. He says, ‘I live for one thing — I want to be a doctor before I am seventeen. Other children of my age are boring. They can’t understand me.’

Comprehension check
a How old is he?
b Does he go to school?
c Where was he born?
d Where does he live now?
e Who does he live with?
f What does his father do?
g How was he different when he was very young?
h What does he do in the evening?
i Can his father speak English?
j Does he have any friends?
k What does he do in his free time?

Vocabulary and Pronunciation
Words that sound the same
1. Look at the sentences. What do you notice about the underlined words?
I have a black eye.
No, he doesn’t know the answer.
2. Find the words in B that have the same pronunciation as the words in A.
Check the meaning of new words in your dictionary.
A B
hear right
eye where
know nose
wear four
meat our
see no
there buy
by two
son meet
cheque here
write check
for I
knows sea
hour their
too sun
3. Each sentence has two words with the wrong spelling. Correct the spelling mistakes.
a. I can here you, but I can’t sea you.
b. Their are three bedrooms in hour house.
c. John nose wear Jill lives.
d. My sun lives near the see.
e. Don’t where that hat when you meat the Queen!
f. They no Anna two.
g. You were write. Sally and Peter don’t eat meet.
h. There daughter could right when she was three.
i. I want to by too new pens.
j. Cheque that your answers are write.
4. Here are some spellings in phonetics. Write the two words which sound the same.
a /n±Uz/ _______ _______
b /sÝn/ _______ _______
c /mi:t/ _______ _______
d /tSek/ _______ _______
e /tu:/ _______ _______
f /rait/ _______ _______
g /hi±/ _______ _______
h /we±/ _______ _______

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét